Youth Safety Training Bursary
WorkplaceNL and Cenovus Energy have partnered to help youth aged 15-19 advance their safety knowledge by offering bursaries of up to $350 to help cover the costs of eligible safety training.
The aim of the Youth Safety Training Bursary is to:
- Help youth advance their safety knowledge
- Provide greater competency for youth to protect themselves at work
- Enhance formal safety training and increase youth employment opportunities
- Make health and safety courses available to all youth
Spring 2022 Recipients
- Training bursaries must be used within one year of being issued.
- The bursary is for course registration fees only. Applicants are responsible for outside costs, such as travel.
- The Youth Safety Training Bursary is open to 15-19-year-olds in Newfoundland and Labrador, except members of the immediate family of employees and retirees of WorkplaceNL.
- Each applicant can apply for a maximum bursary of $350. The applicant is responsible for any additional costs.
- Bursaries are issued in April and October.
- Applications must be submitted by April 30 for awarding of the bursary in May.
- Applications must be submitted by October 31 for awarding of the bursary in November.
- Bursaries are non-repayable.
- Bursary payments are made directly to the training provider.
- Successful bursary recipients may not re-apply for additional bursaries.
- WorkplaceNL may choose not to award a bursary if an acceptable application is not received.
- Selection is based on the merit and quantity of the applications.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Provide information about the eligible safety training course. A copy of a website description and duration with accompanying URL is acceptable.
- Complete the safety training bursary application form.
Examples of eligible safety training courses:
Safety training courses that may be eligible to receive a safety training bursary include (but are not limited to):
- Fall protection
- Confined space entry
- Forklift training
- Traffic control person
- First aid
- COR training
- OHS committee training
Please note: University or College credit courses are not eligible to receive a safety training bursary.
Submission of application:
Email completed applications to email@example.com.