Certification Training Standards
WorkplaceNL has a legislated responsibility to administer training programs for various high risk hazards as outlined in the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
Each of our ten certification training standards outline course requirements, learning objectives and certification processes for trainer providers and trainers. Select a topic below to view the certification training standard.
To view the course schedules for WorkplaceNL approved training providers, please visit our Certification Training Registry (CTR).
To sign in to the Certification Training Registry (CTR), click on the appropriate link below
Certification Training Policies and Procedures
- Policy HS-03 – Occupational Health and Safety Certification
- Procedure 80.00 – Certification Training Providers Approval
- Procedure 81.00 – Certification Trainer Approval
- Procedure 82.00 – Certification Training Audit
- Procedure 83.00 – Certification Training Investigation
- Procedure 84.00 – Certification Training Appeals
Training Providers and Trainers
If you are an approved training provider or trainer and require training materials, please contact 709.778.1552 or email OHS.Training@workplacenl.ca.
2022 Trainer Assessment Dates
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022 & Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Tuesday, February 16, 2022 & Wednesday, February 17, 2022
- Tuesday, March 29, 2022 & Wednesday, March 30, 2022
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 & Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- Thursday, June 23, 2022 & Friday, June 24, 2022
- Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022 & Wednesday August 31, 2022
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022 & Thursday, October 27, 2022
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022
All applications must include:
- Completed trainer registration form
- Current resume, outlining requirements and experience as per the associated standard
- Copies of valid certificates required as per standard
- Completed and signed code of ethics
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 709.778.1000, or email OHS.Training@workplacenl.ca.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a certified training provider. We look forward to working with you in 2022.