Certification Training Standards
WorkplaceNL has a legislated responsibility to administer training programs for various high risk hazards as outlined in the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
Each of our ten certification training standards outline course requirements, learning objectives and certification processes for trainer providers and trainers. Select a topic below to view the certification training standard.
- Confined Space Entry
- Fall Protection
- Mine Rescue
- Musculoskeletal Injury (MSI) Prevention
- OH&S Committees, WH&S Reps, WH&S Designates
- Power Line Hazards
- Supervisor Safety Certification Training Standard
- Traffic Control Person (TCP)
To view the course schedules for WorkplaceNL approved training providers, please visit our Certification Training Registry (CTR).
Certification Training Policies and Procedures
- Policy HS-03 – Occupational Health and Safety Certification
- Procedure 80.00 – Certification Training Providers Approval
- Procedure 81.00 – Certification Trainer Approval
- Procedure 82.00 – Certification Training Audit
- Procedure 83.00 – Certification Training Investigation
- Procedure 84.00 – Certification Training Appeals
Training Providers and Trainers
If you are an approved training provider or trainer and require training materials, please contact 709.778.1552 or email OHS.Training@workplacenl.ca.