Mental Health Services and Supports
There are various mental health services and supports across the province that workers may access.
- Call the Provincial 811 Healthline for mental health support or crisis 24/7. 811 is a confidential and free telephone line available to all residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Bridge the gApp: Connects workers with guidance and support for mental health and addictions.
- Doorways: Provide rapid access to mental health and addictions counselling services. Call 811 to find a location near you.
- Lifewise: Offers Peer Support services throughout Newfoundland & Labrador. Call the Provincial Lifewise Warm Line at 1-855-753-2560.
- Wellness Together Canada: Designed to be used on demand and services range from basic wellness information to one-on-one sessions with a counsellor, to community support.
- Wounded Warriors: Helping Canada’s veterans, first responders and their families.
- Kidshelpphone.ca: Canada’s only 24/7 e-mental health service offering free, confidential support to young people in English and French.
- Threadsoflife.ca: Dedicated to supporting families after a workplace fatality, life-altering injury or occupational disease.