To ensure the confidentiality of your personal information, we follow the requirements of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (ATIPPA) and the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA).
We want you to know your rights and to be aware of how we keep your information confidential.
You have the right to:
- Know what information we have in our records about you.
- Access or obtain a copy of your records.
- Know who has access to your records and for what reasons.
- Request a correction of your records.
- Be informed of our information policies and talk to us about them.
- Provide feedback if you feel we are not following our policies or if you have concerns.
- Ask us not to share your personal health information with certain health care providers or individuals. We will not share your information unless we are permitted or required by law to do so.
- Be informed if your personal health information is stolen, lost or improperly accessed.
We will only collect, use and share your personal information with others as is necessary to administer our Act, such as to:
- Correctly identify and contact you
- Determine your eligibility for benefits
- Assist in your medical recovery and return to work
- Conduct approved research
- Investigate criminal, fraud or non-compliance issues as required or permitted by law
- Update and maintain a certification training registry (CTR)
- Assist corporate security
Contact us if you have questions about your personal information, our privacy practices, or accessing your records.
If you feel that WorkplaceNL is not protecting your privacy, you can contact the Office of the Newfoundland and Labrador Privacy Commissioner.