WorkplaceNL administers the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Act (the Act). Under the authority of sections 5 and 20.2 of the Act, WorkplaceNL:
- Promotes workplace health and safety in order to prevent and reduce workplace injury and illness.
- Strives to ensure injured workers receive the best care possible and the benefits to which they are entitled.
- Facilitates injured workers’ recovery, and early and safe return to work.
- Administers an employer classification and assessment system.
- Ensures adequate funding for services through sound financial management.