Priority Employer Program
Partnering in OHS
The Priority Employer Program helps employers who are experiencing challenges in preventing injuries and the associated costs of these claims. Under the program, WorkplaceNL provides employers with health and safety expertise and OHS program development.
Depending on claims experience, WorkplaceNL will generally invite employers into the program, but employers can also request to participate.
To qualify, a five-year strategic analysis of claims and costs is performed to identify employers experiencing:
- Claims cost resulting in an experience charge under the PRIME program
- A high number of claims, usually greater than 25 in the last 5 years
- A sudden increase in the incident rate of injury
Once accepted to the program, WorkplaceNL will assign a Health and Safety Advisor to perform a detailed claims review and gap analysis of the current OHS program. The employer and advisor will then work together to develop an improvement plan. Once the plan is endorsed, the advisor will support the employer to achieve outlined priorities and provide updates to the managing team on milestones and potential barriers.
- Partners in injury reduction
- Expertise in health and safety
- One-on-one consultations
- Comprehensive review of OHS programs
- Strategic planning and injury trend analysis
- Ongoing support for continuous improvement
- Enhanced safety systems and communications