Recurrence Claim

If you recover from a workplace injury and return to work, and your initial injury causes further disability, you may reapply for benefits. To submit a recurrence claim:  

  • Submit a Worker’s Report of Injury (Form 6) online through MyWorkplaceNL. If you are unable to complete the form online, please complete the Worker’s Report of Injury (Form 6).
  • Tell your supervisor what happened, where it happened and the names of any witnesses. You should do this immediately and before you leave the worksite.
  • Seek medical help and tell your doctor of the recurrence of your work-related injury. Your doctor will provide you with a copy of a completed Physician’s Report (Form MD).
  • Bring a copy of this report to your employer so they can complete an Employer’s Report of Injury (Form 7).

As with your initial work-related injury, we will review your Worker’s Report of injury (Form 6), Employer’s Report of Injury (Form 7) and Health Care Provider Form (MD, PR or 8/10c) and make a decision on your claim.

If you would like for us to discuss your claim with a family member or other representatives (e.g., friend, MHA or union representative), please complete section G of the Form 6, or Authorize a Representative online through MyWorkplaceNL. If you are unable to complete online, please complete the Authorized Representative Consent (Form 13).