Certification Training Standards
WorkplaceNL has a legislated responsibility to administer training programs for various high risk hazards as outlined in the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
Each of our ten certification training standards outline course requirements, learning objectives and certification processes for trainer providers and trainers. Select a topic below to view the certification training standard.
To view the course schedules for WorkplaceNL approved training providers, please visit our Certification Training Registry (CTR).
To sign in to the Certification Training Registry (CTR), click on the appropriate link below
Certification Training Policies and Procedures
- Policy HS-03 – Occupational Health and Safety Certification
- Procedure 80.00 – Certification Training Providers Approval
- Procedure 81.00 – Certification Trainer Approval
- Procedure 82.00 – Certification Training Audit
- Procedure 83.00 – Certification Training Investigation
- Procedure 84.00 – Certification Training Appeals
Training Providers and Trainers
If you are an approved training provider or trainer and require training materials, please contact 709.778.1552 or email OHS.Training@workplacenl.ca.
2023 Trainer Assessment Dates
- January 24 and 25, 2023
- February 22, 2023
- March 22 and 23, 2023
- April 26, 2023
- May 30 and 31, 2023
- June 28, 2023
- July 26 and 27, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- September 26 and 27, 2023
- October 25, 2023
- November 29 and 30, 2023
All applications must include:
- Completed Trainer Application Form
- Current resume that outlines the candidates education and experience that is relevant to the certification training standard
- Copies of valid training certificates that are relevant to the certification training standard
- Signed Certification Training Code of Ethics
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 709.778.1000, or email OHS.Training@workplacenl.ca.