Health Care Benefits
WorkplaceNL recognizes that access to timely and appropriate health care services is important for an injured worker to return to or recover at work.
We cover health care costs for an injured worker where the health care service is appropriate for the work-related injury, medically effective and consistent with accepted health care practices. This may include:
- Physiotherapy, chiropractic care or acupuncture treatment
- Medical tests and surgeries
- Prescription medication
- Medical devices, such as hearing aids
- Travel, accommodation and meals (You can submit expenses online through MyWorkplaceNL. If you are unable to complete the form online, please complete the Expense Claim – Travel/Other (Form 95)). Travel reimbursement will be in accordance with government’s automobile reimbursement rates for using private vehicle at work applicable on the date of travel.
- WorkplaceNL will reimburse necessary and appropriate travel and parking expenses (excluding parking tickets) incurred during a labour market re-entry assessment or plan. Reimbursement will be made in accordance with government’s automobile reimbursement rates for using private vehicle at work applicable on the date of travel.
- Home modifications for more serious injuries
WorkplaceNL will pay your health care provider directly.