New Claim

If you have been injured due to a workplace incident, you may be entitled to benefits. To submit a claim:

  • Tell your supervisor what happened, where it happened and the names of any witnesses. You should do this immediately and before you leave the worksite.
  • Seek medical help and tell your health care provider that your injury is work-related. You can visit a physician, a physiotherapist or a chiropractor; they will then complete either a Physician’s Report (Form MD), a Physiotherapy Report (Form PR), or a Chiropractor’s Report (form 8/10c) and provide you with a copy.
  • Bring a copy of this report to your employer so they can complete an Employer’s Report of Injury (Form 7).
  • Submit a Worker’s Report of Injury (Form 6). A spouse, relative or friend can help you complete the form but you must sign the report. You can also submit your Report of Injury (Form 6) online through MyWorkplaceNL.

Once submitted, we will review your Worker’s Report of Injury (Form 6), Employer’s Report of Injury (Form 7) and Health Care Provider Form (MD, PR or 8/10c) and make a decision on your claim.

If you would like for us to discuss your claim with your spouse, family member or other representative (such as a friend or union representative), please complete section G of the Form 6 or the Authorized Representative Consent (Form 13).


How do I open a claim for presumptive PTSD coverage?