Hearing Loss

You may be entitled to benefits if you suffer from hearing loss that you or your doctor believe may be related to exposure to hazardous noise levels at your workplace.

To be considered for a hearing loss claim:

  • Have a registered audiologist perform an assessment and submit the audiogram and audiologist report to WorkplaceNL. You do not need a referral from a doctor to make an appointment and the cost of the assessment may be covered by WorkplaceNL.
  • Submit a Worker’s Report of Hearing Loss (Form 6 HL). This should be submitted within five years of the last exposure to hazardous noise. If there are exceptional circumstances, please include this information as part of the application.
  • If you are currently employed, tell your employer that you are filing a hearing loss-related claim. If you are no longer employed, you will need to contact and gather information from your previous employers regarding your work history.

Once submitted, we will review your Worker’s Report of Hearing Loss (Form 6 HL), work history and audiogram and make a decision on your claim.

If your claim is accepted, coverage may include:

  • Travel to the nearest hearing aid provider
  • Hearing aids (from a WorkplaceNL-approved list of providers)
  • Replacement batteries (You can order hearing aid batteries online through MyWorkplaceNL, by calling 709.778.1000 or toll-free 1.800.563.9000.)