FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 15, 2020
WorkplaceNL provides service delivery update
Due to recent developments related to COVID-19 and the discovery of a new variant in the province, WorkplaceNL is providing an update on its service delivery.
During Alert Level 5, as per public health directions established on February 12, 2021, WorkplaceNL will be operating with modified service delivery as follows.
Services continuing as normal
- Annual employer reporting and processing
- All connect online services, including clearance letters
- Health and safety advisory services
- WorkplaceNL-hosted health and safety webinars
- New employer registrations
- Optional Personal Coverage for independent operators
- Account updates
- Pay my account: Payments from employers by pre-authorized debit, cheque, money order or through your financial institution – cash and Interac® are not accepted
- OHS Committee minutes processing
All claims management services, including:
- Virtual meetings with workplace parties
- Claims adjudication for all claim requests, including wage loss and health care only
- Payment of benefits including wages, expenses and prescription medication, where entitlement exists
- Mental health services, where possible
- All claims management services for short-term and extended claims (not otherwise noted in the Services Suspended section)
- Internal appeal processing
- File release
Services that will continue with modified service delivery:
- Requests for permanent functional impairment (Will be reviewed and if entitled to an assessment, the worker will be placed on a wait list)
- Labour market re-entry decisions, where possible
- Compensability reviews, when information is presented
- Requests for permanent accommodation for employers that remain open
- Early and safe return to work services for employers that remain open
Services that that will remain suspended until further notice:
- Counter services
- In person meetings with workplace parties
- WorkplaceNL-hosted health and safety in-class workshops
- PRIME audits
- Occupational health and safety audits
- Hygiene assessments
- Certification trainer assessments and audits
- Requests for coverage for physiotherapy and chiropractic services due to clinic closures*
- Occupational rehabilitation services due to clinics closures*
- Permanent functional impairment assessments due to clinic closures*
- Booking of appointments for specialist clinics due to clinic closures*
*Note – These services may be re-instated as clinics reopen or begin offering virtual service delivery.
The health and safety of our employees, clients and the public is of the utmost importance and as such, your support and patience is appreciated.
Any worker in receipt of benefits who is not yet set up on direct deposit is urged to do so by submitting a Direct Deposit Authorization form.
Clients with questions can email email@example.com or call 709.778.1000 or 1.800.563.9000.
– 30 –
Serving approximately 215,000 workers and 18,000 employers, WorkplaceNL administers an employer-funded, no-fault workers’ compensation system that promotes safe and healthy workplaces, provides return-to-work programs and offers compensation to injured workers and their dependents.
Nicole Martin, Manager, Marketing and Communications
709.778.1566 or firstname.lastname@example.org