FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2020
WorkplaceNL has reduced operations, with less employees, to focus on core services. Where possible, employees are working from home. Clients are asked to be patient as response times may be slower.
WorkplaceNL is serving clients by telephone, mail, email, online or fax only – all in-person counter service has been suspended until further notice.
Clients are encouraged to call their case management team directly, email email@example.com or call, toll-free, at 1.800.563.9000 (St. John’s), 1.800.563.3448 (Grand Falls-Windsor) or 1.800.563.2772 (Corner Brook).
WorkplaceNL is taking social distancing measures to help flatten the curve on the spread of COVID-19 for the well-being of our clients, the public and our employees.
For injured worker clients – services that are continuing
- Wage-loss benefits for anyone with an active claim (by direct deposit and cheque – anyone not yet set up on direct deposit is urged to do so by submitting a Direct Deposit Authorization form)
- Adjudicating new claims
- Internal reviews
For injured worker clients – health care appointments
If a client is impacted by the suspended non-emergent/non-urgent medical appointments, either WorkplaceNL or the health care provider will contact them.
If a client plans to go to a scheduled appointment, WorkplaceNL suggests they call to confirm if it is going ahead.
WorkplaceNL understands if clients are not able or are not comfortable attending health care appointments relating to their claim at this time. If so, they should cancel the appointments directly with the health care provider – they do not need to contact their case manager or adjudicator and it will not affect their benefits.
For employers – services that are continuing
- All connect online services, including clearance letters
- Health and safety advisory services
- WorkplaceNL-hosted health and safety webinars
- New employer registrations
- Account updates
- Internal reviews
- Payments from employers by pre-authorized debit, cheque, money order or through your financial institution – cash and Interac® are not accepted
Services that are suspended until further notice
- In-person counter service and face-to-face meetings
- WorkplaceNL-hosted health and safety in-class workshops
- PRIME audits
- OHS audits
- Hygiene assessments
- Certification trainer assessments and audits
- OHS Committee minutes processing
– 30 –
Serving approximately 13,000 injured workers and 18,500 employers, WorkplaceNL administers an employer-funded, no-fault insurance system that promotes safe and healthy workplaces, provides return-to-work programs and offers compensation to injured workers and their dependents.
Carla Riggs, Director of Communications 709.778.1590 or firstname.lastname@example.org