Workplaces continue to change in Newfoundland and Labrador, and are often influenced by demographics, economic, and technological advances. Occupational health and safety programs need to adapt to these changes, particularly in protecting vulnerable workers who are at greater risk of injury based on their knowledge of occupational health and safety and experience in the workplace. Vulnerable workers can include young workers, new Canadians, temporary foreign workers, workers involved in temporary or precarious employment and older workers.
What are the learning objectives for the webinar?
During this session, participants will:
- Define vulnerable workers.
- Review workplace roles and responsibilities.
- Discuss education and training requirements for workers.
- Review the rights of workers.
- Discuss methods for effective communication.
Click here to sign up.