Competition Number: 22 08 02
Employment Type: Permanent
Position Status: Bargaining (NAPE)
Location: St. John’s, NL
Salary Scale: $68,752 – $75,851 (551 Hay Points)
At WorkplaceNL, we work with employers, stakeholders, and our community partners to provide occupational health and safety education and help prevent workplace injuries and illnesses in Newfoundland and Labrador. We also provide compensation and support to injured workers and their employers during their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work.
The Technical Analyst iSeries has overall responsibility for the implementation, support and maintenance of WorkplaceNL’s iSeries partitions, environments, operating system, communications, security and infrastructure. The position responds to a broad range of technical, business and security-related issues which have a direct impact on overall technological infrastructure and business operations. The position is responsible for analyzing change and problem management requests and making recommendations to management and staff as to the appropriate solutions and course of action. In responding to the requests, the position must ensure that business downtime is minimized. The position must also ensure that the integrity, privacy and confidentiality of corporate databases and electronic information are protected.
We think you will thrive in this position if the following describes you (experience and an educational equivalency will be considered):
- University degree in Computer Science;
- 5-10 years’ experience with various technical infrastructures including: iSeries architecture, iSeries communications, OS/WorkplaceNL operating system, db2 databases, CL, RPG, communications standards, security systems, backup/ recovery tools, LAN’s/WAN’s and personal computers;
- Certified iSeries administrator for one of the primary toolsets (e.g., iSeries architecture, communications, OS/WorkplaceNL operating system, db2);
- Project coordination, leadership, interpersonal and motivation skills in a team environment, well-developed communication, organization, analytical, problem solving, negotiation, facilitation and self-management skills;
- The person must be adaptable, understand change management and be customer focused.
We strive to offer our employees a respectful and engaging workplace that provides meaningful work, competitive benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, flexible work arrangements and work-life balance.
If you are interested in this challenging career opportunity, send your resume and cover letter (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.workplacenl.ca.