Certification Training Standards
WorkplaceNL has a legislated responsibility to administer training programs for various high risk hazards as outlined in the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
Each of our ten certification training standards outline course requirements, learning objectives and certification processes for trainer providers and trainers. Select a topic below to view the certification training standard.
- Confined Space Entry
- Fall Protection
- Mine Rescue
- Musculoskeletal Injury (MSI) Prevention
- OH&S Committees, WH&S Reps, WH&S Designates
- Power Line Hazards
- Supervisor Safety Certification Training Standard
- Traffic Control Person (TCP)
Notice: WorkplaceNL is extending the validity of certification safety training certificates as training courses may not be available during the COVID-19 pandemic. A worker’s safety training certificate that expired on or after February 28, 2020 will remain valid until June 30, 2020. The worker will then have to recertify by August 30, 2020.
To view the course schedules for WorkplaceNL approved training providers, please visit our Certification Training Registry (CTR).
Certification Training Policies and Procedures
- Policy HS-03 – Occupational Health and Safety Certification
- Procedure 80.00 – Certification Training Providers Approval
- Procedure 81.00 – Certification Trainer Approval
- Procedure 82.00 – Certification Training Audit
- Procedure 83.00 – Certification Training Investigation
- Procedure 84.00 – Certification Training Appeals