DEFINITION OF WORK
The Epidemiologist will actively support the educational and awareness activities relating to the prevention strategy for the province. The incumbent will be accountable for the coordination, development and implementation of programs and services that increase awareness of the prevention of workplace injuries and known occupational diseases and illnesses in the workplace. The successful candidate will work on a variety of educational initiatives and will typically work on more than one project concurrently.
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, community health or similar fields with two years’ related experience with knowledge of occupational health and safety.
- Strong SPSS aptitude and experience in statistical analysis using administrative databases.
- Experience in predictive analytics and modelling considered an asset.
- Extensive experience in client support and preparation of statistical and descriptive reports.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience and an educational equivalency may be considered.
SALARY $72,382 – $79,857
WorkplaceNL offers a variety of work benefits such as enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan, flexible working hours, and health and dental benefits. Candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct prior to commencing employment with WorkplaceNL.
Please submit your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format only by September 25, 2019, quoting the competition number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.