Competition Number: 22 04 05
Employment Type: Permanent; Full-time
Position Status: Management
Location: St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: August 21, 2022
Salary Scale: $90,542 – $117,704 (954 Hay Points)
At WorkplaceNL, we work with workers, employers, stakeholders, and our community partners to provide occupational health and safety education and help prevent workplace injury and illness in Newfoundland and Labrador. We also provide compensation and support to injured workers and their employers during recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work.
We are currently looking for a skilled Director, Policy, Planning and Internal Review. The position is accountable for directing and overseeing the organization’s policy framework; research agenda; legislated corporate planning and privacy requirements; the statutory review of the system; as well as the overall performance and functioning of the Internal Review unit.
More about the role
Some key responsibilities of the Director, Policy, Planning and Internal Review, include:
- Recommends policy direction, oversees research on policy impacts and provides sound advice on all policy matters that affect the operations of WorkplaceNL.
- Ensures compliance with privacy legislation, including information protection, access and disclosure.
- Provides direction to ensure effective and efficient management of the internal review of decisions made on injured worker claims, employer assessment rates, industry code classifications, the status of independent operators, and refunds under the safety incentive program.
- Oversees, maintains, and communicates results of WorkplaceNL’s Research Initiatives Program
- Provides direction and leads the development, implementation, review and monitoring of multi-year public commitments, corporate plans and reports
- Support the participation, response to, and implementation of government-initiated statutory reviews
- Coordinates stakeholder consultations relating to policy and new program development, including support for the Board’s stakeholder consultation processes
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Commerce or Social Sciences preferred. Master’s Degree will be considered an asset.
- Five years of management experience with an emphasis on project management, planning and policy development.
- Ability to work independently.
- A successful collaborator with the ability to work with, and motivate people and teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Why work with us
We offer a comprehensive rewards package that includes competitive compensation, group health, dental and vision benefits, as well as a generous paid leave program and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. This position is located in our St. John’s office and while we offer employees a hybrid remote-work program, successful applicants must be available to work on-site part-time each week.
Our team members can also take advantage of flexible work arrangements, opportunities for training, growth and career advancement in a safe and welcoming environment.
Please send your resume and cover letter (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) to email@example.com, quoting the title and competition number in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.workplacenl.ca.