The WorkplaceNL Safety Leadership Award for Employers recognizes businesses and organizations in the community that support injury prevention through their leadership, health and safety programming and overall workplace safety culture.
WorkplaceNL looks to recognize employers and workers who exemplify and demonstrate a commitment to workplace health and safety. For employers, this includes:
- Vision: Maintaining and sharing a safety vision that cascades to all employees within the business/organization;
- Reception: Being receptive to and acting on concerns from within the organization in matters of health and safety and leading by example;
- Cooperation: Collaborating with employees to foster and sustain a positive and safe working environment, free from potential hazards;
- Appreciation: Recognizing those employees who go above and beyond in keeping themselves and their co-workers safe; and
- Action: Tracking and responding to lagging indicators and near-miss events in order to prevent future workplace incidents.
Who Can Apply?
All businesses and organizations with a current WorkplaceNL firm number in good standing are eligible to apply.
Businesses/organizations excluded from the Safety Leadership Award Program include:
- Businesses/organizations who have had a workplace fatality claim in the last five years;
- Businesses/organizations who have been convicted of an offence under the Occupational Health and Safety and/or Criminal Code of Canada within the last five years or who may be currently undergoing prosecution before the courts under the Occupational Health and Safety Act or Regulations;
- Businesses/organizations who do not currently participate in WorkplaceNL’s PRIME program and have not received a PRIME practice incentive refund for the last three consecutive years.
All staff of WorkplaceNL are ineligible to nominate or receive awards.
Nominate an Employer
Please contact us at email@example.com.